Tuesday, March 15, 2016

E.O.T.C. Diary Wednesday 16 March

                                                                           
                            My Biggest challenge was cooking and eating damper

Today is Long bay day! My group Waiake, does bush survival first. I learnt about the basic survival tools such as a compass, string and a whistle. I also learnt how to hunt for food using a piece of string, how to put up shelter and what to do when you're lost in the bush. Our second activity was the practice hike which was only an hour and a half. For the last activity our group (Waiake) did camp craft. We had to work as a team to put up the tents, the people who finished quickly got to take a quick nap in their tents. After that, we got put into little groups of 4. (My group: Junha, Flecth, Mitchell and I) Our little group of 4 started off making a cup of warm Milo. Next we cooked damper on top of the flames. After cooking the damper, we ate it. Eating damper was a challenge because I have NEVER cooked or eaten damper. I had my first bite and it was YUM!
That was the end of today 

No comments:

Post a Comment